Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflows in CMS 9

Vote:

Since workflows have been removed from CMS v9, is there an intended alternative approach to implementing the equivalent (i.e. approval processes)?

Feb 09, 2016 2:07
Vote:

Hi, Matthew,

IMO, the way to go are Episerver Projects

It's a completely new approach, but more modern in terms of collaboration and while it still lacks some features (like workflows), this is, to my knowledge, planned. It gives you the possibility to work on parts of content in chunks, it's a good match for huge organizations, campaigns and generally any work in progress that needs to be published at the same time. Notifications work rather well and the whole look and feel seems more up-to-date. Generally, it's more collaborative then automatic at the moment (ex. when you are done with something, you would write: @marija.jemuovic, please review this project and I'd get an email). 

You can enable projects on an Alloy tech project (from Admin -> Config -> System settings -> Editing), set up an SMTP server (you'll need that for notifications, I normally use smtp4dev locally) and play around a bit.

BR,

Marija

Feb 09, 2016 10:09
Vote:

Hi Marija

Thanks for your advice - I haven't dug into Projects yet so really should start playing!

BTW I often use debugmail.io which is a great free service for a dummy SMTP inbox.

Matt :)

Feb 09, 2016 11:10
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.