Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SQL Server maintenance / server offline

Vote:

Hi all,

We have setup a static HTML maintenance page for when SQL servers are being updated/shutdown or offline in some shape or form. We handle the showing of that page in the Global.asax.cs Application_BeginRequest (we do a Response.Redirect to static HTML) and it all seems to redirect fine while SQL server is up.
However when the SQL server is actually shutdown, we are shown an error message. On a side note, in Global.asax.cs I also handle error messages, redirecting to a fault page, which has been working fine for other errors, meaning this episerver error seems to be unavoidable.
So my question is, how do you handle errors of this nature?
Dec 02, 2016 16:36
Vote:

Not sure if it can work with episerver since I never tried this but coding the sql connection seems to solve a sql connection error handling. If episerver can work with that I do not know. Maybe someone else have a better answer?

The error it self has nothing todo with episerver but epi is dependent upon the db. So if it is possible to code the connection instead of using in config that might work.

Dec 15, 2016 17:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.