Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SQL query to find database CMS version

Vote:

Hi,

In my local environment ,I have dozens of databases and I have different version of same site 7,8 and 9. Unfortunately the naming convention is not helping me to find the correct database. I am expecting a simple sql query which I could run againt the database and find the database version compatible to the CMS versions. Basically finding the available database I could link to the various version of CMS site I have 

Any pointer?

Dec 29, 2016 12:29
Vote:

Hi

The database version is returned by the dbo.sp_DatabaseVersion stored proc.

David

Dec 29, 2016 13:17
Vote:

Executed the Stored Procedue sp_DatabaseVersion did not got any response in the query window.  However I could find the version of the database by reading the script for stored procedure. It did the trick for me.

Thanks David :)

Dec 30, 2016 6:59
Vote:

Hi Amol,

As David said, you can execute sp_DatabaseVersion to get the database version:

declare @ver int
exec @ver=sp_DatabaseVersion
print @ver

Next, you can open packages/EPiServer.CMS.Core.X.X.X/tools/epiupdates/sql to find out which database version matches episerver assembly version.

For example:

db version 7036 is used for episerver.cms.core versions between 9.8.3 and 10.0.0, including 9.8.3.

episerver.cms.core 10.0.0 is using db version 7037, etc.

Hope this helps!

Dec 30, 2016 15:52
Vote:

Thanks Dejan :) It Surely does help... Happy New Year

Jan 02, 2017 6:33
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.