Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deleted Blocks showing in Search results

Vote:

Hi,

We've recently gone live with our EPiServer site. There were some changes which caused me to remove a few blocks from the system. I was able to move the blocks to the trash but there are still links to them when they are searched. To further this, I only have pages and files checked in the search configuration box. I've tried reindexing the content and the links are still there. I'm not sure how to remove these.

Thanks.

Dec 08, 2016 0:35
Vote:

Quick is to empty trash so that the are removed completely. The other is to change the search so that it do not search in all content of the site. I am guessing you are talking about the searchpage on the site and not the search within episerver? 

I believe that the search is implemented the way so that it will search for all content that is published. By this it will also search in the wastebasket. Common is to either search in a specific area or filter content that is either unpublished or in the wastebasket.

Dec 09, 2016 12:04
Vote:

The FilterForVisitor method can be used to exclude these kinds of results:

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Class-library/?documentId=find/8/6941FA55

Dec 09, 2016 12:48
Vote:

So, It appears that the FilterForVisitor method is used in EPiServer Find which I am not using. I am using the built in lucene search.

Dec 09, 2016 16:30
Vote:

Apologies for thinking you were using Find :)

If I remember correctly the built in Lucene search doesn't index blocks by default and some code is required to work around it. Maybe check your solution for code that indexes block content into the Lucene index.

Dec 09, 2016 16:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.