Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation

Vote:

Hi, I've been doing a proof of concept for a clients epi 8.1 website, using the MS Redis provider to deal with session management.  It seems the nuget package has a shared dependency on it that epi.core also needs which forces epi to upgrade.  It looks like 9 is the most minor upgrade the package wants. The site has some custom workflow code that I@m not 100% sure what it does.

When I upgrade I'm getting errors around:

using EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation;
using EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.UI;

Are now not recognised and IWorkflowTaskControl, IWorkflowStartParameterHandler are unknown interfaces.

Can anyone confirm that in 9, the workflow assemblies are being deprecated?  As new workflow is coming out in epi 10.1 as a beta, I'm not sure if it's time well spent doing the upgrade and refactoring the code now when I'll only probably need to update it again in the next few weeks/months.  I do have an alternative approach of using SQL session state management instead, as that wouldn't invovle me upgrading, My questions:

Where has workflow moved in 9?  

Will it require a lot of work to upgrade now?

Ta,
J

Nov 08, 2016 13:16
Vote:

Hey, it's depricated, check here: http://world.episerver.com/documentation/upgrading/Episerver-CMS/9/breaking-changes/#windows

The alternative is to use Episerver Projects that will soon have workflows (different, but more modern) pretty soon.

BR,

Marija

Nov 09, 2016 9:32
Vote:

Thanks for the reply... Booo! That's what I thought.  The new workflows only coming out in beta in 10.1, so it will be a little while until it's finally live.  In the end I figured out that the person who originally made the website attempted a failed EPi upgrade and checked it into master.  Episerver was set to use The 9+ version of search which was causing any nuget package to try and upgrade episerver.. after I rolled back the search plug-in to the correct version, I could install Redis without being prompted to upgrade :)  Note.. don't trust people!

Edited, Nov 10, 2016 11:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.