Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver forms 3.1

Vote:

Hi All,

We are using Episerver forms 3.1, we are using a hidden field to capture the logged in users email address.

The email address gets posted to the database and is visible within the form submissions (all fields make it to the form submission area), but randomally the associated email events will fail.

Once they fail, it effects all forms until we recycle the app pool. Then all email events work properly until for what ever reason it fails again.

We are substituting the #AUTOEMAIL# field in the "TO" address. I did see a related bug in 3.0 in the "FROM" field, but this was fixed in 3.1

(we are taking this out to troubleshoot now)

I'm getting nothing in the error log.

Is there a way I can debug the form sending events ? 

Anyone with a similar issue?

Regards,

Paul

Nov 28, 2016 23:19
Vote:

In the hope this helps someone else, Episerver find was indexing every 30 mins and had no logged in user which threw an exception in the block element where we were including email and first name surname. To solve this, I ended up removing form elements from the episerver find index.

For episerver: when there is an error within form elements. it will prevent all email actions for that request and then all others until the app pool is refreshed.

As a suggestion: If one email action fails, it shouldn't stop all of them. It should then recover for the next requests where the data is actually valid. Some logging would be great too :)

Nov 29, 2016 22:58
Vote:

I'd register a bug report for this. 

Dec 01, 2016 9:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.