Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Approval Workflow Process

Vote:

Hi,

I'd like to have a multi-step approval process for publishing pages. Essentially I want our editors to have the ability to add/edit content, that would then get submitted to a reviewed, who would approve it, then it would get sent to a publisher who is a single person in charge of publishing content / submitting for translations.

Episerver has a very simple request for approval / publish system workflow. Is there any way I can add onto this? Also the out of the box approval process doens't seem to have any type of email notification. Is this just something I'm missing?

-Paul

Nov 02, 2016 20:59
Vote:

This should be a part of Episerver Projects, check out this post.

Nov 03, 2016 10:38
Vote:

While EPiServer 6 supports .net 4, it's not actually built against 4.0, so I believe you're restricted to using the .NET 3.5 WF features.

The SDK has a pretty comprehensive guide to creating custom workflows.  Take a look here: Developers Guide > Advanced Features > Workflows  Pega Training

Nov 05, 2016 11:34
Vote:

Hi Paul

These are the content approvals that Madison has mentioned:

https://world.episerver.com/blogs/john-philip-johansson/dates/2016/11/introducing-content-approvals-beta/

They are fully released now and support Draft > Ready for Approval > Ready to publish > Published states

Documentation on usage here: http://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/cms-edit/content-approvals.htm

David

Jul 21, 2017 15:07
Vote:

The fully-released version of content approvals is available in CMS UI 10.8.0 or higher. If you want to use groups in the approval process, you need CMS UI version 10.10.0 or higher.

Jul 21, 2017 17:40
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.