Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to create an Episerver project in specific version

Vote:

I understand after 7.5 onwards it is the nuget packages which are responsible for providing the relevant referenced assemblies. As of now I am trying to create an Episerver project of version 8. I have the deployment center installed and Visual studio extension for Episerver as well.

When I try to create a new project from the Visual studio extension template, it gets created in Episerver 9 and When I try to create a site from Deployment center in 7.5 it gets created properly but when the project file is opened in visual studio and a .sln file is created by saving the project , it starts throwing the structure map issue.

Is there an easy way to have a working Episerver 8 CMS site in visual studio?

• Downgrade the Episerver 9 from Nuget
  • Upgrade the 7.5  to 8 from Nuget (If I get a working solution)

Any input on this?

Visual studio extension for episerver should ask for the version like the .net framework version is asked for

Oct 26, 2016 13:59
Vote:

Hi,

Create an empty project in Visual Studio then install the NuGet packages with a specific version.

Oct 26, 2016 15:11
Vote:

@johan : You mean I create an empty project and install version 8 explicitly ?

PM> Install-Package EPiServer.CMS -Version 8.0.0

Oct 26, 2016 15:37
Vote:

Exactly. I never use the Episerver Visual Studio templates to create a new project.

Oct 26, 2016 15:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.