Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Changes to the publishing process

Vote:

Hi,

Is it possible to configure the publishing process such, that even if a user has access rights set to publish, the user is forced to set the content to Ready To Publish, before publishing in EPiServer CMS 9?

I realize that it's possible to set access rights to prevent a user from publishing at all, but in this case, this won't quite do.

If this has to be customized for the solution, are there any resources which indicate the best practice for making changes in the publish procedure? I have been unable to find anything on this in the documentation and related blogs.

Oct 25, 2016 17:28
Vote:

There is nothing in configuration to allow this by default. 

You could try something funky with Virtual Roles. Where you add a "Publisher" virtual role with publish rights and then only return true if the current content is in the ready to publish state. I've never tried it but it may work... 

Oct 25, 2016 17:54
Vote:

Hi David,

Thank you for the clarification, I will look into virtual roles, and see if it fits.

Oct 26, 2016 15:15
Vote:

For anyone with a similar request, this feature is now in public beta: http://world.episerver.com/blogs/john-philip-johansson/dates/2016/11/introducing-content-approvals-beta/

Edited, Nov 17, 2016 10:16
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.