Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Approval Workflow in Episerver Projects?

Vote:

Hello,

I am currently an Ektron 9.1 developer looking at making the switch to Episerver 9.  One thing our users really appreciate about Ektron is the approval workflow feature where content cannot be published to the site without approval from marketing managers.  I know Windows Workflow Foundation was recently sidelined, but is there a way to setup the Projects feature to force approval before being allowed to publish?  Also wondering if there's a way to build this myself using the API.

Oct 14, 2016 22:06
Vote:

Hi a new content approval feature is currently being worked on and there are some internal builds. Keep an eye on the latest releases to see when it will be available in beta (hint: it will come after CMS 10 which is due in a couple of weeks). When is your project due to go live? Episerver beta features are production ready but subject to change and the final released version is due at some point early next year.

In the meantime you can add content to a project and remove publish permissions from editors who cannot publish. When the editors are ready they can use the @mention feature in the project comments to inform publishers that they'd like their content reviewed and published.

Edited, Oct 15, 2016 23:35
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.