Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unexpected token < when creating page type

Vote:

When I try to create a two separate custom page types I recieve this error "Something went wrong Unexpected token <". we have three different environments set up and this is only happening on production. when i open developer tools and look at the console i get a syntaxerror :unexpected token in dojo.js. the page code is below. >

Store credit page 

[ContentType(DisplayName = "Store Credit Container Page", GUID = "7cba2649-7df2-457c-9183-62ae3fca2e75", Description = "Use this page as a starting point to give store credits. Only one of these pages will need to be made.")]
    [AvailableContentTypes(Include = new[] { typeof(ArchivedStoreCreditPage), typeof(ActiveStoreCreditPage) })]
    public class StoreCreditContainerPage : PageData, INoCategory
    {

[CultureSpecific]
                [Display(
                    Name = "Main body",
                    Description = "The main body will be shown in the main content area of the page, using the XHTML-editor you can insert for example text, images and tables.",
                    GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
                    Order = 1)]
                public virtual XhtmlString MainBody { get; set; }

}

Custome error page

[ContentType(DisplayName = "ErrorPage", GUID = "dc36998e-2eeb-4314-b92a-a9e58302a02b", Description = "Default Error Page")]
    public class ErrorPage : SitePageData, INoCategory
    {

[CultureSpecific]
                [Display(Name = "Heading", Description = "Heading For the error page", GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,Order = 10)]
                public virtual string Heading { get; set; }

[CultureSpecific]
                [Display(Name = "Message", Description = "Main Html Errormessage", GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content, Order = 20)]
                public virtual XhtmlString Message { get; set; }

}
Jan 22, 2016 21:48
Vote:

Random thought but do you have a license issue?  Episerver decides to push its License needed html into Javascript files causing errors like that.

Jan 24, 2016 16:29
Vote:

I'd do a full restart of IIS and sometimes the page types can not sync properly. Also I'd login to EpiServer on the server with the issue and check that the document types are correct.

If you have renamed fields or deleted fields sometimes these can have issues, usually deleting any erroring fields and and restarting IIS.

Jan 25, 2016 13:55
Vote:

Is CMSDatabase shared among other team?
Regards
/K

Jan 25, 2016 16:22
Vote:

We ended up re starting the app pools on both servers and that cleared up an few issues for us.

Jan 25, 2016 21:52
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.