Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Run VPP Migration Tool on EPiServer 8?

Vote:

Hi,

We have a site that used to be a EPiServer 7 an now it has been migrated to EPiServer 8. In this processes the VPP Migration Tool was forgotten so we now have a EPiServer 8 site where the Media doesn't work.

My question is if it's possible to do a VPP Migration on EPiServer 8 in some way, or do we have to redo the migration and remember the VPP Migration Tool when we're on 7.5.

I get the following error when I run the tool on the 8 site and if I remove EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics, it's failing on EPiServer.Shell.Initialization.

Initialize action failed for Initialize on class EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.InitializationModule, EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics, Version=1.7.1.8000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType)
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.InitalizeEPiServer(String webConfigPath) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 52
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 129
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory)
at VppMigrationTool.Converter.get_RuntimeProxyWrapper() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 52
at VppMigrationTool.Converter.FillSiteData() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 101

--- Inner exception ---

Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.RegisterVirtualPathProvider(VirtualPathProvider virtualPathProvider)
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.InitializationModule.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()

Regards,
Svart Adam Solander

Jan 13, 2016 11:21
Vote:

Hi Svart,

The pre-compiled VPP migration tool requires 7.5.394.2 binaries. However, you can download the source code of the tool and compile the tool to support your version. Here is a link to download the source code: http://world.episerver.com/download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/vpp-migration-tool/

Jan 14, 2016 21:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.