Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Read-only access to the database

Vote:

For a project we plan to do the following set-up in production:

• 2 front servers that can be accessed from the Internet. /episerver/ is forbidden.
  • 1 cms server that is only acessible internally and used by editors to update the content.

As all the 3 servers share the same database, I want to do some restrictions, so that the front servers are accessing it i na read-only mode, i.e. the user is not db_owner. I plan to set enableModelSyncCommit  to false for the front servers in order to disable the model sync - it should happen only from the cms server. My question is, is it possible to give read-only permissions to the frotn servers? Is EPiServer doing some write operations that cannot be disabled? :-)

Jan 16, 2016 14:04
Vote:

Unfortunately, no. 

The front-end servers are also writing to the database, and even though there isn't a lot of writing happening, it is not a supported option to run them in read-only mode.

/Steve

Jan 17, 2016 21:46
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.