Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver CMS 8 cache and content problem on load balancing environment

Vote:

Hi I am facing a bit of a poblem regarding content & cache updates.  I have a EPiserver CMS 8 site ruiing on on two webserver loadbalancing envoirment connected single database server. Now the problem is cache synchronization isn't working as supposed tp, sp when I made some changes in page or block and publish the changes dont reflect on go live right away. Some time i have to refresh the page and republish them (my best guess after refreshing the page i end up in 2nd server).

I Googled alot but all the ideas / documenttaion is available for CMS 6 or CMS 6 . Is there any one help me out with episerver.config settings and web.config settings to make sure cache synchronization works on loadbalancing envoirnment.

Jan 28, 2016 14:48
Vote:

Are you using any custom cache like .NET memory cache or similar or just EPiservers cache...there are a few :)

.NET default cache doesnt get cleared by default.

Check firewalls if they are eating any packages...

Jan 28, 2016 14:56
Vote:

Just EPiserver Cache.

We had Episerver CMS 7 hosted on same load balance enviornemt before and everything was working fine . Now we ditched Episerver 7  and launcned new EPiserver 8 CMS web on same servers and this cache problem startting happening.

When I publish the page the Webserver 1 refresh the cache na d start show the new content . The Webserver 2 keeps the cache and kep showing old content

Jan 28, 2016 15:37
Vote:

@Dejan  No remote events enabled but is there any other work around? 

Jan 28, 2016 17:43
Vote:

Like Dejan says (hi Dejan btw) you need to set up event handling. Normally this is done by using udp if you arent using azure or similar. Check documentation for configuration examples, ask your fw guys if there are any problems...

Jan 28, 2016 23:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.