Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Video tag in XHTML property

Vote:

I'm inserting a video tag manually in a XHTML property by using the 'Edit HTML Source' button of TinyMCE:

After inserting the code and clicking Update, the video is not visible in the editor. It just displays an empty HTML placeholder.

If I leave Forms edit mode to preview the page, the video is rendered (after publishing the video is rendered correctly for visitors). If I then return to Forms edit mode the video is rendered in the XHTML property but with the addition of two IMG-tags that are rendered as empty placeholders. They seem to be used by TinyMCE because If I remove them the video is removed as well.

Is there any way of inserting a video tag in the XHTML property and get the following:

1) Immediately render the video tag, so it's visible for the editor

2) No "helper" tags that clutter the editor

I'm using EPiServer CMS UI 8.3

Best regards,

Robert

Aug 11, 2015 9:41
Vote:

This seems to be a built in feature in TinyMCE, the difference is that in the default TinyMCE you will see a film icon and in EPiServer it just shows a white background.I have not figured out any way to get the icon to show.

Aug 11, 2015 16:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.