Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Slow site once in a while

Vote:

When running on our production server (which is internal only), EPiServer runs slowly once in a while. It doesn't matter if it the site or the CMS editor - once in a while both take some time (30-40secs) to complete a request. It happens for a while only (1-2 request become slower) and then the site runs perfectly. On my local machine I don't have such problems. The issue happens when there is only one user on the web site. Can you give me some points to investigate this strange behavior?

Aug 06, 2015 17:24
Vote:

Hello Boyan

Have you checked the recycling settings of the application in IIS? Perhaps the application is recycling while its being used which would certainly create the effect you mention.

I would also look at any external dependencies/APIs that the site might rely on to render a page or pages as this can affect performance

You could try using a monitoring tool such as NewRelic to trace out any slow requests to find the source of the issue.

Let me know how you get on

David

Aug 06, 2015 19:10
Vote:

Hello David

Thank you for the advice. I checked the AppPool, but it seems fine. I will check this tool to research the issue and will write back here with the results :)

Aug 07, 2015 14:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.