Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hide Media from right-hand panel

Vote:

HI,

When using ImageVault we'd like to hide the default "Media" option from the Assets panel:

Media tab

Is this possible?

Jun 11, 2015 13:07
Vote:

Ok - cant insert images into the editor!

Its here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B467FSv8x4UkNmlhN2xXZEZ6Zk0

Jun 11, 2015 13:10
Vote:

There is a gadget that shows only Blocks (atleast in newer versions). Maybe it's sufficient to change to that one?

Jun 11, 2015 13:31
Vote:

Which gadget is this and how do I change?

I see no way to ful remove the Assets gadget.

Jun 11, 2015 13:48
Vote:

If you add a new gadget, there should be one called "Blocks". Not sure in which version it was added though. You are correct that you can't remove the Assets one though.. :(

Jun 11, 2015 14:07
Vote:

Actually it is totally possible to modify the available components but only for users that have not modified their views, e.g. they have not added any components to their view. You can reset your view in the my settings page under the display options tab. The following code will remove the component, add this to the episerver.shell element in the web.config:

<viewManager>
  <views>
    <add name="/episerver/cms/home">
      <settings>
        <add name="RemoveMediaComponent" 
             transformationType="Remove"
             definitionName="EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Components.MediaComponent"
             plugInArea="/episerver/cms/assets/defaultgroup" />
      </settings>
    </add>
  </views>
</viewManager>
Jun 12, 2015 16:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.