Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using a ContentArea dojo widget inside custom dojo widget - PLEASE HELP

Vote:

Hey All,

I'm currently using the episerver version 7.5 (UI 7.12) - We are trying to create a custom dojo editor for a property and are trying to add a bunch of content area widgets inside this.  What we are seeing is, the content area widget loads and appears to work correctly however when we try and drag a block or page over to the content area, the block being dragged does not appear as if it is allowed to be dropped (it never highlights, always stays dimmed) however, when we click the create a new block link, and create one, it auto adds to this contentarea widget and allows us to re-arrange and remove them properly. 

Anyone have any ideas why the drag and drop is not working with the widget?  Thinking it might be a wrapper/container issue but we've tried everything and cannot figure out if there is a surrounding widget or mixin i need to have in my dojo editor js.  Thanks

Mike

Apr 24, 2015 17:27
Vote:

Help not needed... I figured this out shortly after posting!

So instead of declaratively instantiating the dojo widget for the Content Area, i decided to programatically instantiate it and set the Allowed Types property and VOILA it works:

var topLeftContentAreaEditor = new ContentAreaEditor({
     allowedTypes: ["phoenixcore.openframework.interfaces.iopenframeworkblocktype"],
     allowedDndTypes: ["phoenixcore.openframework.interfaces.iopenframeworkblocktype"]
});

Apr 24, 2015 17:42
Vote:

Can u please help me on how to create content area on dojo ? can u please post ur work here ?

Edited, Nov 25, 2015 12:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.