Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem in XForms with no mail being sent and no redirection to response page

Vote:

Hello!

As the title says, my problem is quite easy to describe. I have an Xform that does not send a mail after data is submittet and there is not even redirection to the chosen response page.

There is no extra coding in the page template and the form is quite simple, just a text field (no validation on it) and a button that is supposed to send data to DB and send a mail. The data is saved though, but nothing else happens.

Does anyone have a clue? I don't get any error messages, nothing in log files, nothing at all.

/Kenia

Apr 28, 2015 14:18
Vote:

This usually occurs when the there's an error with the SMTP-server defined in web-config. Check if you have configured it and if it works as supposed.

Apr 28, 2015 14:36
Vote:

You should be able to see the error in the log files (if you configured the logging).

To test if this is the cause, you can also use smtp4dev. When you run the smtp4dev.exe file, you can set up web.config as follows:

<smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="info@whatever.com">
        <network host="localhost" port="25" />
      </smtp>

Then, you should get the email and you should be able to view the email from smtp4dev.

Apr 28, 2015 15:34
Vote:

Unfortunately I can't install smtp4dev since the problem happens in prod environment. I'll try and test with another SMTP-server. Thanks for the tips!

Apr 28, 2015 15:40
Vote:

You could always upload a tets.aspx that sends a simple mail with SmtpClient. Make sure that you use the same sender as you do through the XForm, guess that the SMTP-server can refuse certain senders.

Apr 29, 2015 8:37
Vote:

Hi Erik! Yes, that would be an option, but since I'm not the current developer in the project I don't have the latest version of the code and can't thus deploy any assemblies.

I did try to send a mail through Telnet using the email address that's configured in the XForm for the sender. When I did this i got an error as a response, so I have contacted the client's IT-support department 'cause there's not much more I can do. Hopefully we'll be able to test with another SMTP soon.

Apr 29, 2015 15:04
Vote:

Hi again guys!

I've tested the SMTP server now properly and it seems to work fine. I created a Windows form application and set the sender and recipient as they're specified in the XForm, and the message was sent without a problem. Still no success with getting the XForm page to send the email and show reponse page. Do you have any other sugestions??

Apr 30, 2015 12:42
Vote:

Do you get any errors or warnings in the log files?

Apr 30, 2015 12:53
Vote:

Nope, no error or warning, even though I've set level to All in config file.
I tested and changed the action from "Save in DB and send mail" to just "Save in DB", just to see if I got to see the response page. It did't work, it does save in the database but there's no redirection at all...It's all very strange

Apr 30, 2015 13:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.