Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Possible to have required metadata properties for Media?

Vote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to make it mandatory/optional to add metadata when uploading media?

For example: We have a Description property in the GenericMedia model but when media is added no input form is presented for this property.
The Description property is possible to edit after the media is added but no one ever does. :-(

BR

Erik

Apr 01, 2015 13:34
Vote:

Yes, indeed, it works undesirable IMO as well. If you want to edit the image (which probably not many would do), then you do get the required property error, but when you drag & drop, nothing is displayed. I think you should report this as a bug or improvement, but I would expect a notification during the upload (but this would be tricky - I am not sure how it should look like from user perspective).

If you are using media mostly as a property on the page (as opposed to using it from Tiny), then you can workaround this by making a so-called local block that would contain an image and alt-text (or description) that is required. See SiteLogotypeBlock in AlloyTech templates.

BR,

Marija

Apr 01, 2015 14:26
Vote:

Thanks for your reply!

I'm glad to se that I wasn't missing something obvious.

We wanted this for documents where the user should need to add a title when uploading them.

BR,

Erik

Apr 14, 2015 16:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.