Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

NuGet auto updates to 8.5?

Vote:

I created a new 7.15.0 EPiServer site in Visual Studio and ran the updates in NuGet Package Manager. This upgraded everything to version 8.5.0. Question is, am I going to run into any licensing issues by being on 8.5 when our license is for 7.5? Not sure how updates work with licensing.

Thanks for any info.

Apr 22, 2015 18:54
Vote:

Found my answer here: http://world.episerver.com/articles/Items/new-release-of-episerver-cms-with-enhanced-preview-and-improved-seo/

Updated major version number

The technology changes made to support this causes an increment in the major version number to 8 to follow semantic versioning. Read Linus Ekström's blog post, linked below, to get all the details and to see if this affects your solution. If the customer has an active subscription the license that has been used for 7.x will continue to work. When it comes to how certifications are handled for new major versions we will soon give you an update on that. But, rest assured, your EPiServer 7 certification will continue to be valid.

Apr 22, 2015 19:03
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.