Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How so I set permissions on separate blocks?

Vote:

Hi,

I'm currently doing some work for a customer website and they want the ability to restrict access to blocks that can be edited on the page.

i.e. If a user can only edit a particular text box all the other options are greyed out.

I've had a look at doing this through the Admin mode but this appears to only allow setting permissions on an entire page, not individual blocks.

The site is running Episerver 7.14.1.0 at the moment.

Many thanks.

Apr 21, 2015 15:58
Vote:

Apr 21, 2015 19:00
Vote:

Many thanks for the reply. I'll look in to implementating that.

Simon

Apr 22, 2015 10:47
Vote:

Hi

That article certainly does help and fits the bill well. However, I was wondering if it were possible to make it so that I only have to change the code once, in order to set permissions across the properties we want to be lock out?

I added some code to that built a string array of the site users we want to allow edit rights but when I attempt to pass that through, via PropertyEditRestriction, it does not accept it. Could you provide me with the correct syntax to send a string array with this attribute or is that something I need to ask elsewhere?

Apr 28, 2015 15:50
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.