Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Best Practices for EPiServer development

Vote:

Are there any official best pratices for developing EPiServer CMS solutions defined anywhere?

Apr 16, 2015 16:26
Vote:

I know this doesn't answer your question for the CMS-solution but on the current roadshow they did a demo for an EPiServer ECommerce "Reference" site that they will be released in a month or two. They were honest saying that the other Template-sites that they have out now aren't any "Reference"/"Best practice" sites. This new Reference site will first be released on Github and thereafter as a template in the EPiServer extension for Visual Studio, just like the Alloy template (but only for MVC).

Mayby someone else can fill in if I got anything wrong.

Apr 19, 2015 12:07
Vote:

As far as I know - not in written form yet. Any particular topic you are interested in?

Apr 19, 2015 22:56
Vote:

Frederik Vig's old "Site From Scratch" series was a great introduction:
http://www.frederikvig.com/2009/12/introduction-create-an-episerver-site-from-scratch/

Someone should write an official guide in that manor for EPi8.

Apr 20, 2015 10:00
Vote:

Wow, rekindle an old post for shameless plug, nice

Dec 22, 2016 12:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.