Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Separate membership db

Vote:

Hi, we need to hold our membership data for CMS 7.5 is a separate db from the episerver db.  I've setup the separate db and got a script to create the tables that episerver uses and run this.  I've then changed the provider connection string to use the separate db.

Problem I'm having is its trying to create the db still when I perform my first login, like it doesnt recognise the db is there.  The user in the connection string can connect to the db fine (is db owner) and the connection string is correct, so I dont understand why it tries to create it?

As a more drastic course I was going to specify a database initialiser in the ef config to prevent it from trying to create the db, assuming your using codefirst in the back end? 

Any help appreciated.

Mar 12, 2015 13:29
Vote:

Still not found a soluton to this, also noted something else.  Episerver deployment centre creates memberhship tables of aspnet_* but the tables episerver then creates dont have this prefix and if we werent using a separate db we would end up with two sets of membership tables?  Any ideas on why this is, is it something to do with a more recent Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.Core within the project?

Mar 16, 2015 10:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.