Hello! After upgrading to 8.0, I can't no longer access edit-mode. I get this url after trying to access it:
and "The resource cannot be found".
If I look in episerver.config the ui-path is set to this:
Thanks in advance!
Then I get redirected to blablabla.local/Not-found/.
search for "EPiServerUI" in web.config, try the location paths you find EPiServerUI in.
I find two:
none of them works.
I tried replacing them with location-tags (and all its children) from a project where the UI works, but it still generates the same problem.
This is in the database now, look at the the table sitesettings
And it more seems like you does not have the right modules files
you might have to run a script let to move from appdata/modules to _protected/modules
Thanks for the reply. I can't find the table "sitesettings", the closest I find is "tblSiteConfig", but I don't find anything related to EpiserverUI there.
Where do I acquire these scripts for moving modules?
Sorry, it is not in the database, it is in web config and you have found it and written it in your description, I must have missed it when I read on the phone :-)
If you look in the folder modules\_protected in your web root, what do you have there, any folders?
The script I was refering to is to move addon's and this is not an addon, but it is: Move-EPiServerProtectedModules
Yes, but it seems it has been "replcaed" with applicationSettings-tag:
And the sites section that has been with us for so long is no longer there. Some of it has been moved to the section above (applicationSettings), and some of it to the database.
So I guess that's correct. Here is the contents of that folder:
First delete all the files in the modulesbin folder, you do not need them anymore.
See what happens after that
I would install a new EPiServer 8 site and compare directories and config from that installation. Specially the modules and modulesbin folder, but also the ..\AppData-folder, it can contain some old files that needs to be removed.
Look in this thread and try out the answer there.