Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VirtualPathVersioningProvider not working

Vote:

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a new episerver 7.5 site, and configured a VPP with following configurations. However, when I try to upload a file, "I got an error upload failed".

1. I looked into episerver log, and I could see only the below error message:

ERROR EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathHandler: VirtualPathProvider of type 'EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider' is registered for virtualPath '~/Upload/'. 

2. File upload/Media dialog shows "Failed" as status. But I couldnt debug further.

Can you please let me know if I need to add additional code or is it expected to work out-of-the box.

Kindly let me know if I'm missing any steps.

Thanks,

senthil.

Feb 23, 2015 11:59
Vote:

Hi,

I also noticed below line of error in the log fine.

VirtualPathProviders should be converted to IContent based files.

Feb 23, 2015 12:29
Vote:

This does not exists in version 7.5

You have to convert it to Content

Read more here:

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Installation-Instructions/Installing-EPiServer-updates/Upgrading-to-EPiServer-75-CMS/

Feb 23, 2015 12:33
Vote:

Henrik is right.

Here is another tip though: Hover the "Failed" message when uploading files, and you'll see a more detailed error message. My guess is that you have not created a matching media content type yet.

Feb 23, 2015 13:11
Vote:

Hi Henrik, Per Magne Skueseth,

Thanks a lot for your replies and yes, I'm able to resolve this by adding the below class. I hovered over the message and found the error stating I dont have no matching support for jpg...(Apologies, it dint strike me to check the error message :-) )

I then added the below class (referred to AlloyTech) and it is working fine now. In my episerver 6 project, this was not there, hence i got confused.

[ContentType(GUID = "0A89E464-56D4-449F-AEA8-2BF774AB8730")]
[MediaDescriptor(ExtensionString = "jpg,jpeg,jpe,ico,gif,bmp,png")]
public class ImageFile : ImageData 
{
/// <summary>
/// Gets or sets the copyright.
/// </summary>
/// <value>
/// The copyright.
/// </value>
public virtual string Copyright { get; set; }
}

One other doubt : Is it possible to pickup the extension string from config file? so i can modify anytime in future..

regards,

senthil

Feb 23, 2015 13:34
Vote:

You could/should create a generic class like this:

[ContentType(GUID = "EE3BD195-7CB0-4756-AB5F-E5E223CD9820")]
    public class GenericMedia : MediaData
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Gets or sets the description.
        /// </summary>
        public virtual String Description { get; set; }
    }

This will take all files where there are no match on other mediadata that has extensionstring on it.

Feb 23, 2015 13:41
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.