Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Simple address for secondary language

Vote:

Hi,

I have a site called www.mysite.fi with two languagebranches: "fi" and "sv-fi". If I add a simple address for a page located on the "sv-fi" languagebranch of this site, i am forced to use the language-prefix in the url when accessing that url. For example:

Page1 located in the languagebranch "sv-fi" has the simple address: www.mysite.fi/aboutus

I cannot simply access it by using the address www.mysite.fi/aboutus but instead I have to add www.mysite.fi/sv-fi/aboutus

Is there any way around this, or is it just episervers way of dealing with correct URL's for sub-languagebranches for a site with a masterlanguage (in my case "fi")?

Thanks! 

Jan 14, 2015 9:15
Vote:

I remember Simple Address was a problem for multilingual sites in CMS 6 (only works on master language), but as mentioned in this CMS 6 thread it should have been fixed in EPiServer 7 -  but according to this CMS 7 thread it seems to still be buggy.

The bug report suggests a workaround:

"In case where you have multiple siteHosts you need to have the default one without any language prefix to work around it."

• EPi 7: episerverframework.config, <sitehostmapping> node.
  • EPi 7.5: Admin > Config > Manage websites
Jan 14, 2015 15:15
Vote:

Confirmed bug by episerver, solved in version 7.15.0.0 and ofcourse im running 7.14.0.0

I  should learn to upgrade ;-)

Jan 26, 2015 13:27
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.