Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mirroring service dll version?

Vote:

Hello

I'm trying to set up Mirroring. It works when I did it between two Alloy sites, but doesnt work with the sites I want to implement Mirroring on.

I'm wondering if it is an issue if the Mirroring service dll is a different version than the EPiServer dll?

When installing Mirroring service via Deployment center the Mirroring dll version matches the "standard" version of the EpiServer dll, but of course

we have updated/patched EPiServer so the EPiServer dll now is in a higher version than the Mirroring service dll.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a solution?

Kind regards 

Gustav

Jan 21, 2015 9:36
Vote:

Hi Gustav

The issue is most likely caused by the fact the assembly versions are different.

I believe the solution is to copy all the assemblies in your application bin folder into the mirroring services bin folder.

Some assemblies may cause issues so some may need to be excluded from the copy.

Lee

Jan 21, 2015 9:45
Vote:

Thank You for the reply Lee

I have done that, and I got rid of some problems, but not all.

When copying the assemblies, the EPiserver dll(s) is in a higher version than MirroringService. Is this a problem? Is there a way to update MirroringService so it runs the same

version as the updated/patched EPiServer dlls?

Gustav

Jan 21, 2015 9:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.