Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Windows Auth Archive Scheduled Job

Vote:

Just curious how everyone here is handling archiving of pages using the archive scheduled job when only windows auth is enabled.  It appears to be running but never moving the pages until i run it manually.  I get that the scheduled job runs in the context of the user but this appears to be a basic issue when using windows auth and Anonymous user doesn't ahve rights to the tree.  Is there somethign else I need to do without blowing the permissions open for anonymous and not re-writting the archiving scheduled job.  There is probably an easy way to do this but I have yet to see any documentation on this especially in an INTRANET enviroment.  Thanks.

Sep 23, 2014 18:49
Vote:

The build-in PageArchiveJob should not do any access checking at all.

If I decompile the execute method I find something like this: 

contentRepository.Move(data.PageLink, data.ArchiveLink, AccessLevel.NoAccess, AccessLevel.NoAccess);

If the job finish with "N pages were moved to their archive folder" where N is greater than zero and has the same value if the job is executed again (through the scheduler and not manually) you have probably found a bug and you should report it to support.

Oct 04, 2014 1:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.