Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Overlays and z-index - troublesome

Vote:

I have a problem with a site where the main navigation is done with a megamenu. The problem is that when in edit-mode the blue border around editable content is placing itself above the menu, making it troublesome to use the main navigation to find yourself around as an editor.

I have tried to change the z-index and various of other things but I can't succeed of at least hiding the blue boxes temporarily. Anyone who has solved anything like it?

Sep 08, 2014 17:43
Vote:

Hi,

You cannot set your menu to a higher z-index than the "blue boxes". Why? Your page is rendered in an i-frame and the editing overlay is rendered on top of the i-frame in the parent document where the i-frame is embedded.

You can however set different z-indexes in the editing overlay, this comes in handy when the "blue boxes" overlaps each other.

The best way is to educate the editors to use the page tree to navigate instead. Or maybe quickly switch to the preview mode, which disables the editing overlay.

Sep 08, 2014 20:16
Vote:

Thanks for the informative answer!

Sep 09, 2014 14:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.