Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflows on Azure

Vote:

Hi,

As it is officialy stated by EPiServer workflows are not supported on Azure -> LINK

Anyone who had to find a workaround for this? Maybe you have conceptule ideas what to approach it?

Would be also great to know if/when it is planed to be solved by EPiServer.

Thanks,

Piotr

Aug 01, 2014 12:34
Vote:

The EPiServer workflow implementation is based on .NET 3.5 workflow. The problem lies in the schema files for the .NET 3.5 workflowpersistence schema files which are not SQL Azure compliant. I think they might be quite easily modified to confirm to SQL Azure scheme.

You can try to execute 

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SQL\en\SqlPersistenceService_Schema.sql

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SQL\en\SqlPersistenceService_Logic.sql

from SQL Managment studio. 

Aug 01, 2014 12:54
Vote:

I mean against the SQL Azure instance of course... And try to fix the errors.

Aug 01, 2014 12:55
Vote:

Johan, thank you for suggestion. We will give it a try.

Piotr

Aug 04, 2014 13:18
Vote:

Hi. 

Has anybody been able to solve this?

Would also be nice to hear from EPiServer if/when this will be solved.

Dec 08, 2014 13:03
Vote:

For simpler content flows, you can usually do with the basic approval flow that’s built in to the action menu and task gadget and works for all types of content. This can also be used in combination with our collaboration add-on to be able to make comments and notify people via e-mail. This is suitable for companies that are more agile and favor collaboration rather than strict workflows.

The workflows based on workflow foundation (supporting parallel and serial with more than 2 people as well as e-mail notification) aren't officially supported on SQL Azure, so we can't leave any guarantee that it will work. I've gotten reports that developers have gotten it to work following the steps above though. In the mid term roadmap (meaning about 6 months away) we have workflows as one of the things that we will improve, among other things making them available for all types of content and cloud environments.

/P

Dec 16, 2014 11:44
Vote:

Is there any fixes with the latest version of Episerver CMS

Mar 15, 2016 15:09
Vote:

We have projects features to help editors collaborate around content. We are now working on approval flows for multi-step approvals, aiming to release as beta in Q2. If you have any input into this area, it would be great if you could send to david.bowen@episerver.com

Mar 15, 2016 16:59
Vote:

Thanks for information Bowen. Moving further we need serial and Parallel workflows. I just saw in some forum links that the issue in resolved latest version as you are not using WF 3.5.

So, moving forward in may b couple weeks later we need to do that. 

I just saw the link below

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=118627

Just let me known my understanding is right or not. I am also completely new to workflows.

Edited, Mar 16, 2016 9:05
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.