Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export error

Vote:

Hi.

I'm trying to export some pages, but I'm getting an error. I turned on EPiServer logging and got this error:

2014-08-29 07:26:15,621 [9] EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger.Warning(:0) - 10.5.2 Export/import warning: [Exporting content 549] Failed to export property MainBody, exception: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
2014-08-29 07:26:15,622 [9] EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger.Warning(:0) - Export/import Exception:
System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.UriBuilder..ctor(String uri)
at EPiServer.UrlBuilder.Init(String url)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.UrlFragment..ctor(String url, UrlResolver urlResolver)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.UrlForExportFragmentHandler.ParsePossibleLink(FragmentParserContext context, AttributeFragment attribute, String attributeValue, String prefix, String suffix)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.UrlFragmentHandler.ParsePossibleLink(FragmentParserContext context, AttributeFragment attribute, String actualLink)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.UrlFragmentHandler.ParseAttribute(FragmentParserContext context, ElementFragment parentFragment, AttributeFragment attribute)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.FragmentParser.ParseAttribute(FragmentParserContext context, ElementFragment fragment, AttributeFragment attribute)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.FragmentParser.ParseAttributes(FragmentParserContext context, ElementFragment fragment)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.FragmentParser.ParseStaticElement(FragmentParserContext context, ElementFragment element)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.FragmentParser.ParseElement(FragmentParserContext context, ElementFragment element)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.FragmentParser.ProcessFragments(FragmentParserContext context, Boolean returnOnEndElement)
at EPiServer.Core.Html.StringParsing.FragmentParser.Parse(String html, FragmentParserMode parserMode, Boolean evaluateHash)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.PropertyXhtmlTransform.ExportEventHandler(Object sender, TransformPropertyEventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.ContentTransfer.ExportProperties(RawContent contextContent, RawProperty[] properties, String masterLanguage)

I checked the MainBody of this page, but it only contains regular text. What am I missing here?

Aug 29, 2014 7:28
Vote:

It seems like all the pages that are giving me errors, are pages which have links to them. Maybe this will help resolve the issue.

Aug 29, 2014 7:44
Vote:

No links in the mainbody? Have you checked the actual html markup in the property value?

Aug 29, 2014 8:45
Vote:

No links in MainBody in the HTML markup.

If the page that gives the error is deleted, the export continues and goes to the next page that has the same error.

It seems like internal links are causing the problem. Other pages which are linking to the pages that gives errors has this in it's MainBody property. However, if this page (that has the internal links to other pages) is removed, the problem still occurs.

Aug 29, 2014 8:57
Vote:

I am getting this problem aswell. Have you had any luck resolving? 

Nov 26, 2014 7:03
Vote:

Hi.

No, I have not. I resolved this by exporting these kind of pages manually. Thankfully, there were not that many pages.

I suppose you should contact Developer Support about this - there is not only me getting this error now. I have contacted Developer Support about a different (related) issue, but this should be submitted as well.

Nov 26, 2014 8:16
Vote:

I think the message is somewhat missleading. It is a message logged at warning level so it is nothing seriously wrong. Somewhere in the content is there a link that does not qualify as a Uri but the data will be exported/imported with the link in the format as it currently is in. 

Nov 26, 2014 8:51
Vote:

You're right @Johan.  It's a misleading - and is only a warning.  But I expect users are used to the export file automatically downloading when there is no warning.

In the instance where there IS a warning users must click an extra button to confirm that they wish to download the export file anyway.  I certainly missed that I could still download the file, which brought me to this thread looking for a solution.

Incidentally, the exported file re-imported without issue.

Feb 02, 2015 0:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.