Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DynamicDataStore performance problem

Vote:

We're testing out a new release of an upgraded installation (from CMS 6 R2) we're there are data stored on DynamicDataStore. We are experincing big performance problems on the startpage. I have tracked down that DynamicDataStore.SetContextObjects is taking about 7(!) seconds to complete.

Any ideas of why and how to speed up the performance?

Aug 01, 2014 10:37
Vote:

When looking in the code I see that the only thing SetContextObjects i doing is copying values from on dicitonary to another. That should not take that long (no locks either).

What is it that gets loaded from DDS (you could probably see it from e.g. SQL Profiler)?

Aug 01, 2014 11:22
Vote:

I think I got it down to an acceptable level now (a couple of ms). It was retrieving a vast amount of data (4000 simple objects) all because the "Take" expression in the Linq-expression was ran after the question had been asked to SQL Server. That in combination with a busy SQL Server seems to have been the cause.

Edited, Aug 01, 2014 15:55
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.