Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

After latest patch (7.10.0) "name In URL" is missing dot(.) before extension when file uploaded to media assets

Vote:

Hi,

seems that after latest update (7.10.0) something changed in the way how "Name in URL" is generated for files uploaded to media assets as the dot (.) is missing. Previously name in  url was something like image.jpg, now it is generated as imagejpg. This has on affect to Find indexing as field "SearchFileExtension" was previously populated automatically by Find indexing, now it is empty. And yes, there is an easy workaround but my question is: is this change intentional feature or bug in the latest update? 

Aug 01, 2014 13:12
Vote:

Hi

Do you have Mogul SEO Manager installed? We experienced this issue in 7.9.0 and discovered it was Mogul SEO Manager which was causing the issue.  If you have it installed, try uninstalling it and see if that resolves the issue.

Rob.

Aug 04, 2014 13:56
Vote:

Interesting, we actually just installed SEO Manager but did not enable it yet. So if it is Seo Manager, then it actually starts intercepting EPiServer default workings even before you actually take it into use though its admin view.

Thanks for the tip Rob, we'll check this out!

Aug 04, 2014 14:26
Vote:

Hi, guys,

Thx Rob for spotting the cause. We have fixed this in the newest version 1.2.1.1 that Janne now has (and that is about to be out soon on Add-on store as well). 

However, it should not have renamed it at all since the SEO manager wasn't active, I'll add this to bug list.

Thx again!

Aug 07, 2014 15:33
Vote:

@Marija We had the same issue (running 7.6.3, with SEO Manager NOT activated) and after updating SEO Manager to 1.2.11 the problem remains. Any idea?

Aug 20, 2014 15:50
Vote:

Does it remain for the files that were already added in the previous version or do new files get renamed as well?

If former is the case, you have the following options:

1. If you don't have many files, will have to rename them with a dot or

2. If you have lots of files, send us a support issue from http://www.mogul.com/en/what-we-do/products/seo-manager/support and we will send you a script that will fix this directly in the DB (but if you are on test environment with a couple of files, it might be quicker and less risky to do it manually than directly in DB)

If the latter is the case, pls contact our support and we will help each other figure out how comes it's not working.

Thank you and sorry for the issue.

Aug 20, 2014 17:07
Vote:

What was the end result in this? We actually now have this problem again, Some files get url without dot(.) and some with dot, for example .jpg files got the dot, and .dwg files not. Is this related to settings -> Ignore patterns?

Jan 09, 2015 8:58
Vote:

Yes, I believe it is, but I suggest you open a support issue on Mogul web site.

Jan 09, 2015 9:10
Vote:

I will yes. If you could only fine tune your process so that I get even some feedback that issue is received. I added another issue in the end of last year and got no reply whatsoever, not even an automatic reply saying that the issue was added/created/whatever.

Jan 09, 2015 9:32
Vote:

Thx for the feedback, I'll forward it to the ones responsible.

Jan 09, 2015 9:33
Vote:

Related to previous messages in this thread: We actually now have situation where all files that were originally migration from EPiServer 7 file model to 7.5 model have name in URL without dot. I am not now sure if we had SEO Manager installed to production at that time or not....

Jan 09, 2015 16:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.