Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deleting blobs folder produce 'Could not find a part of the path' exception

Vote:

I uploaded some images into Media. Then I create the urls for those images via UrlResolver and use this urls in tags. The appdata blobs folders are then created according to the web.config settings:

When I delete the blobs folder and all the subfolders then I do not get the image any more (http 500 response) and can see the exception in the log:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Episerver\MySite\appdata\blobs\4acb0a8ebd6b4fd8b929801c2b4500f2\1b343b700eb149369006f198f51f1919.jpg'.

How can I recreate the blobs folder structure to get the site working again?

Jul 08, 2014 16:25
Vote:

It seems the disk is by default the storage of the binary data of the images in Media asset (FileBlobProvider). The database contains only metadata, e.g. the references to the file system. So if somebody accidentally delete the blobs folder on the disk there is no way how to restore it and all images must be uploaded to the CMS once again.

Edited, Jul 10, 2014 9:42
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.