Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom add-on installation from nuget feed

Vote:

Hi,

I'am developing an add-on module for EPiServer 7.5. During development I used a local folder as my add-on repository to speed up the process. I installed and un-installed the add-on without any problems and the resources (Views and dlls) were copied over to the Modules folder in my VPP. After finishing development I uploaded the add-on package to a nuget feed. I added this feed to as an add-on repository and the add-on showed up. I am able to install the add-on without errors but the resources are not copied over from the ModulesRepository to the Modules folder making the add-on unusable. The logs don't show any messages.

Has anyone run into a similair problem? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jul 08, 2014 12:01
Vote:

Hi Guido,

Just checking, when you open the NuGet package in the ModulesRepository, does it have a content and lib folder inside?

Grtz,
Jeroen

Jul 08, 2014 13:25
Vote:

Hi Jeroen,

Yes, the modulesrepository contains my package with the content and lib folder.

Jul 08, 2014 14:07
Vote:

Any other packages (addons) could be installed successfully? 

Jul 08, 2014 15:49
Vote:

Hi Valdis,

Yes, I installed another add-on module and that works fine.

Jul 08, 2014 16:31
Vote:

I have done some tests with a package on a physical path and one on a NuGet feed, but I have not been able to reproduce what you are describing.

Maybe the locations in the web.config differ (there are 2 for the the modules path) or point to a location outside of the webroot?

Jul 08, 2014 21:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.