Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Blob images are not being served in migrated site

Vote:

Hi

I have migrated a CMS 6R2 site to 7.5, and have successfully migrated VPP images into the new Media types.

We can see the images on physical disk and the items in the media gallery but assets 404 when viewing them in the browser. e.g. requests to /contentassets/ and /globalassets/.

Is there a rewrite module or something we have missing in our web.config?

I have tried to compare our config against a 7.5 standard install config but have not spotted anything obvious.

Many Thanks

Lee

Jul 10, 2014 11:39
Vote:

****** An Update: The issue occurs when viewing pages and media in edit or preview mode.  When browsing the site outside of EPiServer the assets are served :S

I have checked the location "episever" handlers and they look fine.

Edited, Jul 10, 2014 11:51
Vote:

The issue was that we only had a content type inheriting MediaData defined.  We also needed a content type inheriting ImageData with the relevant MediaDescriptor attribute.

Jul 10, 2014 12:26
Vote:

I am also facing the same issue. I have both the classes inheriting from MediaData and ImageData.

What could be the issue?

Jun 08, 2015 13:49
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.