Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

cross page postback bug

Vote:

When I post a form with Button.PostBackUrl set to an other page than current I get the following error:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/' does not exist.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +12678292
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +203
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +192
   System.Web.UI.Page.get_PreviousPage() +149
   EPiServer.Web.PageExtensions.ServerTransferBugfix.page_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +44
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   EPiServer.PageBase.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +19
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4628

In the above case I post from start page to "/other-page". The Alloy site renders the same result.

Jun 16, 2014 11:32
Vote:

Are you setting LinkURL or the friendly URL?

Jun 17, 2014 9:32
Vote:

Friendly URL

Jun 17, 2014 13:41
Vote:

Looking further into this the routing seem to make the form lose track of "PreviousPage".

I would think that using PostBackUrl with EPi is a very rare thing so it's probably something that's not tested.
I usually use non-server forms even when it's a Web Forms project.

Jun 19, 2014 11:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.