Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VppMigrationTool - Failed to migrate some files

Vote:

Following the post from Ted and Gustof

http://tedgustaf.com/blog/2013/12/how-to-upgrade-to-episerver-75/

I upgraded a site locally, then ran the VppMigrationTool to migrate the media files.

However not all the files appear to have migrated.

I am missing some .jpg files even though other .jpg files in the same folder migrated ok. Only thing I can see is that the ones that failes are considerably larger than the ones that have succeeded. Is these some size limit on the files that it will migrate? I see there is no limit if I upload a new file that is larger that the ones that failed to migrate.

Also pdf files also don't seem to have migrated for me.

I was of the impression that the general SiteMediaData type would pick up all the other files types ?

As it stands I couldn't dream of upgrading and migrating as far too many files are missing.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Danny

Jun 30, 2014 13:30
Vote:

Sorry my mistake,

I think the appdata and database were slightly out of sync, which may explain why some are missed.

Plus my ImageFile was inheriting directly from MediaData instead of ImageData.

Retried the upgraded and now it looks to have worked ok.

Jun 30, 2014 15:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.