Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForms CSS class not applied to textbox or textarea

Vote:

Hi

I think I've just discovered a bug in 7.5, I'm not sure about earlier versions though.

Using XForms when configuring your form through the editor, if I enter a value into the CSS Class field on a textbox or textarea, that value isn't applied when the form is rendered. The whole class attribute is missing.

It works as expected on drop-down lists, radio buttons, checkboxes, buttons and headings.

Please can someone look into this issue?

Cheers

Jonathan.

May 29, 2014 1:31
Vote:

Hi, Jonathan,

If you don't get this fixed, you can fully customize the rendering of XForm elements. Check out Ove's article here.

For me, it works well and it's easier for GUI guys to style it as well, since it's not rendered with tables.

May 29, 2014 10:00
Vote:

Hi Marija

Yeah I'd already got rid of those pesky tables but didn't customise it to the level Ove has.

I still think it's a bug though as out of the box EPiServer doesn't function as it should for textboxes and textarea.

Thanks for the link

Jonathan.

May 30, 2014 1:37
Vote:

Is this the bug Jonathan?

http://world.episerver.com/Support/Bug-list-beta/bug/103642/

May 30, 2014 2:10
Vote:

Hi Toni

That's it! Sorry, I did search the bug list. Obviously not very well though.

The bug report suggests it's for every field type where as I'm only experiencing the issue with a couple of them.

Cheers

Jonathan.

May 30, 2014 2:20
Vote:

Jonathan: Try then to upgrade to EPiServer UI 7.8. (patch 14) and see if it has been resolved.

May 30, 2014 17:05
Vote:

Thanks Toni. Unfortunately we're not in a position to upgrade at present, too many parties involved. It's good to know that it is resolved in the latest version though.

Jun 02, 2014 3:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.