Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link to page in other language

Vote:

How do you create a link to a page in another language? An editor wants to add a link to a Swedish page that links to an English page. If they select the page in the link dialog it tries to link to the Swedish version of the page, but there is no swedish version so you get a 404 when you follow the link.

If you try to add it as an external link and write the whole url, episerver still removes the /en/ from the url and breaks the link.

In older versions of episerver there was a drop down where you could select the target language, but it appears to have been removed in 7.5.

May 02, 2014 13:39
Vote:

Hi Oskar,

It is in the backlog to re-add this feature. But I can't give you an estimate when it is going to be done.

May 05, 2014 10:39
Vote:

There is a quite ugly work-around until the feature has been re-implemented: select external link, post the public URL and add ?epslanguage=[language code] to the URL.

May 05, 2014 10:53
Vote:

Hi any news on this issue? Get some weird behavior when trying to link to my english startpage using its ip-address via link to another page.

http://localhost/link/e6e48f51642f4970a7d16213f51e999d.aspx?id=7&epslanguage=sv

Have two host configured one for se and one for en.

/D

Aug 11, 2014 15:23
Vote:

It is now possible to select language on LinkCollection and inside TinyMce.

http://world.episerver.com/Releases/EPiServer-75--update-29/

Aug 25, 2014 7:29
Vote:

I have 7.5 update 41 and can't find any language selection in either the LinkCollection or TinyMce. I'm looking in the "edit link" / page / "select page" dialog. I've rebuilt, run iisreset, emptied the browser cache without success, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Nov 06, 2014 7:34
Vote:

Make sure that you have more than one language enabled on the site, otherwise the language selector will be hidden.

Nov 06, 2014 7:50
Vote:

We have swedish and english activated. Some pages are published in just english and we want to link from a swedish page to one in english.

Nov 06, 2014 8:08
Vote:

That sounds very strange.

It just tested it using EPiServer.CMS.UI 7.16.0 and it seems to be working. This is how I did it.

In admin I enabled English and Swedish, I also enabled English and Swedish on the Start page of the site.

In Edit mode I edited one of the LinkCollection properties  on the Start Page (Alloy Template site). Clicked on one of the links to bring up the Edit link dialog. Beneath the Open In field there should be a Language field with Automatic pre-selected.

Which package versions are you using of CMS.Core and CMS.UI?

Nov 06, 2014 8:25
Vote:

I installed a clean alloy tech and upgraded it and there it worked.

So I started comparing folders and found that the zip files in modules/_protected was different. Copied the zip files from alloy tech and it worked.

Thanks.

Nov 06, 2014 10:08
Vote:

I'm glad that you managed to resolve the problem. I'm am a bit curious on how you ended up in the situation that the zip file wasn't updated when you updated the nuget packages.

Do you remember if you got some error while running the nuget installation?

Nov 07, 2014 7:34
Vote:

No, I don't remember getting any errors during the update.

Nov 07, 2014 8:38
Vote:

We still have problems trying to link to other languages, running EPiserver 8

We have disabled the language prefix /sv /en and have two hosts mapped in site host settings for each language.

If I choose to add the link as an external link, EPiServer tries to get smart on me and remaps it as an internal page and gets linked to the wrong language.

If I choose to link to another language using the language selector, it only works when I am logged in.

I have managed to link the Swedish site to the English but I cant link the English site back to the Swedish site this way.

If someone enters an URL as external please don't meddle wit it, don't try to get smart and do a lookup just let it be!

Please help, we cant link between languages!

Mar 03, 2015 13:32
Vote:

We are working on a fix, you can track the bug here: http://world.episerver.com/support/Bug-list/bug/122957

Mar 05, 2015 8:35
Vote:

I feel you Daniel, we have similar issues. we have site with multiple languages and each language as it's own host/domain. English is the "master" language and I can successfully link from english (.com) to another language version like  .sv, but not from this .sv page back to english, link always points to the .sv page. Really annoying!

May 07, 2015 15:45
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.