Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Height align property content

Vote:

Hey Epiworld,

The best way to height align contentArea boxes.  My idea now is to allow the editor to se a "min-height" property on each box. But that seems rather tedious.

In my example I have three  'narrow' boxes in the same content area and they need to be the same height to look good.

May 02, 2014 12:08
Vote:

I would solve this using css, and/or js. Maybe something like this

May 05, 2014 10:34
Vote:

Not sure whether this is an EPiServer related question.

If you're allowed to use HTML5 and don't care about older browsers you could use flex boxes.

Otherwise you'd need some ordinary css and maybe js skills.

May 05, 2014 18:02
Vote:

True its CSS, but the thing has to work with Episervers block and layout system

May 06, 2014 9:30
Vote:

If you build your templates with markup and css (and possibly js), you can fix this without being dependent on anything from EPiServer.

May 06, 2014 9:34
Vote:

Using table-cells to auto-align as you suggest breaks the float left ability of content areas as well as the display options. (I tried)

What I have done is to create a auto-align block which is a block of blocks with custom rendering.  This custom rendering used another type of hack which requires me to render the bottom part of alle my blocks.

The thing work but I need is to be able to determine the visibility of boxes in order to adjust my col-md-xx rendering.

Example. I have an autoheightAlign block with 6 items grouped into two groups. I need to be able to determine that only 2 of the 6 items are visible at any given moment due to visitor groups. I need todo this in the view part (cshtml)

May 06, 2014 10:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.