Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Spellschecker

Vote:

Is this addon not compatible with EPiServer 7.5? Or the installation atleast?

Trying to add it but I'm getting 

EPiServer.Packaging.SitePackageManager.ValidateNoDuplicatedAssemblies - Aborting operation. The following add-on assemblies exist in the main 'bin' directory: <%mywebsite%>\bin\EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.dll, <%mywebsite%>\bin\EPiServer.Shell.UI.dll 

Should the shell.ui and cms.shell.ui dll be moved to the modulesbin? But then the nuget updates wont work. Or am I just missing something basic?

May 06, 2014 15:35
Vote:

Seems that it's just the installation that fails.

Adding the files manualy to Modules and ModulesResources and modulesbin seems to work.

May 07, 2014 10:12
Vote:

I believe that you accidently deploy/have those DLL in bin folder.

Having the same DLL in both bin and modulesbin will crashed the site, as designed of .NET.

Spellschecker does not deploy CMS.Shell.UI and Shell.UI DLLs.

May 07, 2014 10:53
Vote:

No I didn't have any dlls for the Spellchecker in the bin. 

My fix was to take all the files from the VPP folder Modules and ModulesResources and add them manualy to the file system and then drop the two dlls in my modules bin. So there by doing the installation manually. 

May 07, 2014 12:41
Vote:

Well, your error is about EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.dll and EPiServer.Shell.UI.dll  stay in <%mywebsite%>\bin.

By default of CMS7.5, I don't see them in bin folder.  They should be in modulesbin folder by default.

The addon cannot copy it to your bin, because addon package doesn't contain those DLL, and addon installation touchs nothing to the bin folder.

May 07, 2014 12:52
Vote:

Right, so we blame the upgrade to 7.6 then? ;)

Thanks for clearing up the issue

Edited, May 07, 2014 13:51
Vote:

Haha, didn't notice the spelling of the forum thread until now. Kudos for that ;)

May 07, 2014 13:57
Vote:

You have to have fun where you can at work ;)

May 07, 2014 13:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.