Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ContentReference in Dynamic Content

Vote:

Hello,

I have been trying to upgrade a dynamic content from EPiServer 7.0 to 7.5.

In this dynamic content we have been using the PropertyImageUrl to give the user ability to select an image to use in the content. Now it is not possible to use this with the new content system with everything as IContent.

I have tried with the IDynamicContentBase and PropertyDataCollection to add the properties, but with no luck.

So my question is: Is there any way to let the user choose an image or folder from the new content system in a dynamic content?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher

May 19, 2014 10:09
Vote:

Hi Christoffer!

Currently, there is no built in editor to select images from the Media system for the legacy editing system that is still used for Dynamic Content and Dynamic Properties. If possible, I would suggest that you create a block and use the abilities to drag and drop blocks into an editor that was introduced in EPiServer 7.5. Currently, this only work for block level elements but as you are inserting an image in your Dynamic Content I assume that this probably is the case. Of course, this would mean that the editors would have to replace current dynamic content with a block whenever there is a need to change existing content.

May 19, 2014 12:48
Vote:

Thanks Linus, I had totally missed out on that functionallity in EPiServer 7.5!

In this case, thist solution will do more than fine, so thank you for the tip.

May 19, 2014 15:18
Vote:

Hi Linus, 

any plans to add support for this?
working with dynamic content is much faster than working with blocks and a very good alternative!

Blocks are good for some stuff but not for everything.. 

Think you guys should add some more love to dynamic content.

Many customers hate blocks when working with content, they have to create so many blocks and it takes time.. expecially customers that are used to work with wordpress  

Apr 15, 2016 16:02
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.