Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Fallback language for certain blocks

Vote:

Hi!!

We have some blocks types that should have a fallback language - e.g. if block content does not exist in current language, use content from master language (english in this case).

Is this something that is applied by an attribute on the block model?!

Thanks in advance.

Apr 10, 2014 11:11
Vote:

Anyone done something like this?

Apr 14, 2014 13:44
Vote:

I would suggest that you use the ordinary fallback language settings in EPiServer. These can be found in the Tools dropdown and Language Settings.

This needs to be set on each Block at the moment. Currently you can't set this on a folder with children unless you do a workaround:

browse to /EPiServer/CMS/Edit/LanguageSettings.aspx?moduleArea=LegacyCMS&id=5&IsInLegacyWrapper=true

Replace the id-parameter (in my example 5) with the folder that contains your blocks.

Apr 15, 2014 11:32
Vote:

Since it is many blocks, setting this on every one is time consuming for the editor that is an unconvenience for them.

I'll try the workaround, thanks

Apr 15, 2014 12:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.