Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflow - Approval Page and all blocks

Vote:

Hello,

Is it possible for workflow to approve the page, and all its blocks in one action?
I'd like to create a workflow task that allows the approver to approve the entire page, and blocks in one go, without having to go to each block in tern.

Furthermore, I am creating workflow tasks for each section of my site, where each section has its own set of authors, reviewers and approvers. There will also be a blocks folder for each section.
Users will only be given permissions to edit/approve etc blocks for the section they have permission for.

From what I can see, you can’t kick off a workflow for a block.. Is this correct?

Thanks

Danny

Apr 10, 2014 17:23
Vote:

***Workflow - Approve page and all blocks***

Apr 10, 2014 17:25
Vote:

Hi Danny!

There are currently two different ways of handling workflows in EPiServer:

1. The built in way with access rights and statuses (draft, ready to publush, published).
  2. Using A WWF-based workflow. This could be connected to the statuses above but add more functionality like several approvers or email.

The WWF-based workflow currently only supports pages. We are currently looking into two improving workflows in EPiServer and are targetting two things:

1. "Workspaces" - Makes it possible to work with several items as a unit and do a workflow on these. This support any content, for instance pages, blocks and media.
  2. Content Collaboration - This is an add-on where you can comment and notify people about changes to be done for content. This can be combined with the build in statuses.

I hope that we can start getting some of this functionality out within the next few months.

Apr 11, 2014 7:32
Vote:

Thanks Linus, that was what I thought from my testing.

We'll eagerly await the upgraded version.

Apr 14, 2014 11:47
Vote:

Hello Linus,

Thanks for the update, exciting new features.

Is there any roadmap about when/if would this be released for EPiServer 7.1?

Best Regards,

Edited, Jun 24, 2014 10:47
Vote:

Hi!

This functionality is currently in developement and will be released as part of the new release process (http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/EPiServer-Continuous-Release-Process/) meaning that it will be added as new packages that are incremental improvements to the latest version. This means that this functionality will be available for the 7.5 track and not for 7.0/7.1 sites unless you upgrade to the latest version.

Jun 24, 2014 11:10
Vote:

Hi Linus,

Thank you for such a prompt response. 

One last question: Provided that upgrading to 7.5 is not feasible, is there any approach that you would recommend to enable Publishing Workflows for Blocks?

Cheers,

Jun 24, 2014 11:14
Vote:

I would really consider upgrading since I think that developing something a solution yourselves will take more time. I can also mention that we are considering adding another state to content later this year so that the workflow can be:

In editing

Ready to review

Ready for publish

Published

Since this seems to fit well in your process with both reviewers and approvers, you will be able to do a simple upgrade to get this functionality if you take the step to 7.5+ to get the workspace functionality (that is currently under the working name "projects" instead of "workspaces"). Of course, we havn't released anything yet but we will start releasing this functionality iteratively during the next few months.

Jun 24, 2014 12:57
Vote:

Hi team,

Was there any update on this ? Was this ever done in version 7.5 or above ?

Mar 19, 2015 21:18
Vote:

Hi!

Projects (which I called workspaces previously) was added in the 7.5+ release and as of version EPiServer CMS 8 and above it's no longer treated as a beta feature. The teams are currently looking into implementing better workflow support for all content which will also be connected to an improved project functionality. I think that you will start to see this functionality starting to come out later this spring and the plan is that is should have a minimal viable product feature set around this summer.

Mar 20, 2015 7:10
Vote:

Hi Linus,

I tried the option you mentioned. But when I add the content block and the start page inside the project. When I mark them as as Ready For Publish, after the approval only the page is getting published and not the content block. Please help me with this.

Mar 20, 2015 19:57
Vote:

You need to work with the publishing flow from the project and not the induvidual items. Here is the user manual for the project functionality:

http://webhelp.episerver.com/15-1/EN/Default.htm#EN/CMS Edit/Edit_MultiPublishing.htm%3FTocPath%3DControlling%2520the%2520publishing%2520process%7C_____1

Mar 22, 2015 8:45
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.