Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS/Commerce logging

Vote:

Some questions:

1) Cms uses log4net as logging subsystem. Commerce uses Common.Logging as logging solution. Is it planned to unify this and end up with single one (Common.Logging I suppose as more generic solution) ?

2) Does it planned to update references in commerce nuget packages packages. Common.Logging < 2.0 dependency looks outdated. Atleast Common.Loggin 2.1 is fully backward compatible with 1.2 version but has usefull features like lambda expression: 

log.Debug( m => m("value= {0}", obj.Value) );

Mar 25, 2014 16:09
Vote:

Upgrade is always interesting cases. EPiServer packages are sticked with particular version of dependnecy I guess just because to be "on-safe" side - framework is tested with that version of library and upgrade is explicitly on your own risk.

But I agree - that logging should be unified. I guess that's just a historical heritage.

Mar 26, 2014 0:18
Vote:

What we usually are doing is to unify CMS and Commerce logging by specifying that Common.Logging adapter is log4net and config source is EPiServerLog.config (in web.config):

<common>
  <logging>
    <factoryAdapter type="Common.Logging.Log4Net.Log4NetLoggerFactoryAdapter, Common.Logging.Log4Net">
      <arg key="configType" value="FILE" />
      <arg key="configFile" value="~/EPiServerLog.config" />
    </factoryAdapter>
  </logging>
</common>

Mar 26, 2014 10:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.