Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

7.5 compile error Error - Missing compiler required member 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute..ctor'

Vote:

I've been having some issues with references in my project, but I am now getting the following compile error, and can't seem to resolve it.. any one seen this before?

Error 12 Missing compiler required member 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute..ctor' E:\Sites\EPiServer\MYSITE.Web\wwwroot\CSC MYSITE.Web

Mar 10, 2014 17:32
Vote:

strange, if releated to Newtonsoft.Json.. if I remove the ref, it builds, but add it back (via packages\Newtonsoft.Json.5.0.8\lib\net40) I get same build error?

Mar 10, 2014 17:37
Vote:

I bet you are targeting .Net 4.0 framework? What if you switch to 4.5 just to test compile time..

Mar 10, 2014 20:27
Vote:

Yep, I Was targeting 4.0.. updated to 4.5.. I had to update some NuGet packages, but all is well now.

Mar 11, 2014 10:15
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.