Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Enumerable properties?

Vote:

Hello,

On building our site we are finding that we are having to make blocks with only one or two properties on them quite frequently, just to allow the cms editor to add a collection of items.

Is this the recommended approach? I know for links there is LinkItemCollection, but is there no way to create a collection of anything other than making basic blocks?

Thanks

Feb 27, 2014 14:22
Vote:

I find collection of "simple block" as property actually more flexible. You can easily drag and drop to change an order. If you need you can always extend some of the blocks to get sort of enumerable property "settings editor" as LinkItem is pretty limited.

Feb 27, 2014 23:51
Vote:

We've discussed enumeration/list/dictionary properties for quite a long time and it's somethine that we at development department at EPiServer would really like to get in to the products. However, so far, we still have a few things left before we can say that we have this support. Actually, in EPiServer 7.5, there should be quite some support done to automatically create list editors where editing each item would use the same editor as a single item. This is what the new link editor in 7.5 is using.

On my list of things to investigate for EPiServer 7.5, this is one of the few things left so I hope I can shed a light on the current status in a blog post once I can find the time to investigate it more.

Feb 28, 2014 7:23
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.