Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Ideas on approach needed - UrlRewriting or another approach

Vote:

Hey everyone,

So we're building an app that will have two sites for different regions, our approach is to have to sites within the one instance, i.e. 2 homes.

Each site has categories and products that are displayed on a category landing page.

So for categories we'll have:

• Category Group A
    • Category 1
    • Category 2
    • Category 3

The products are actually shared across both sites so our approach is to have a container page outside of the two sites which will contain product page types with properties and details about each products.

The issues comes when as we want the URL for products to be /category1/model# (where model# is the unique Id of the product). So as the actual product pages are outside of the site, I'm wondering what the best way is to approach this?

My initial idea is to create a "product details stub/placeholder" page type created under each category and then create a custom URL rewriter to map to the page. The page would then use the model# on the URL to actually display the correct details!

I'm really hoping anyone had any comments, or new ideas on this could be achieved.

Regards,

Kevin

Dec 04, 2014 3:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.